Hairs to be removed must be of an appropriate length: neither too long nor too short.
- arms and legs: 7 mm
- bikini and underarms: 8-10 mm
- face: 2-4 mm
Maximum length permissible is 15 mm. If hairs are longer, they should be trimmed with scissors prior to the treatment or shaved and allowed to regrow for approx. 2 weeks. Fine hairs may be a little shorter.
Total treatment time includes: preparation and the treatment itself and short downtime period following the treatment.
All treatments / exercise sessions require prior telephone appointment.
If you are unable to come to your session, please call us to cancel.
In order to ensure the highest level of comfort and service, we kindly ask that you arrive at Baltica Wellness & Spa 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This is the time the treatment is due to start. Early arrival ensures that all the formalities necessary (such as completing forms on the first visit) can be completed and you can prepare yourself calmly for your session. That way, you’ll get the most from your treatment or visit.
We also request that you set your mobile phone to silent for the duration of your treatment, in order to ensure that you benefit most from the relaxing and soothing environment at the Spa.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Be aware of hygiene, both for your own comfort during the treatment and in order to protect yourself against irritation.
Avoid salt and chlorinated water immediately before treatment. Remember to moisturise your skin.
Immediately before treatment do not:
After treatment: use scrubs to prevent ingrowing hairs (but not earlier than one week following treatment)
- use sunscreen
- avoid salt / chlorinated water for the first few days
- avoid saunas
- avoid exercise straight after the treatment
- damaged and / or diseased skin (stains, wounds, bruises, inflammation, infections, infectious diseases, psoriasis or eczema)
- birth marks or warts (these will be avoided during treatment)
- heart disease
- varicose veins
- very thin or delicate elderly skin
- sunburnt skin
- tendency for hypertrophic scars
- ongoing Vitamin A derivatives therapy (e.g. Izotek)