Ella Sugaring hair-removal treatment
Reasons to have an Ella Sugaring hair-removal treatment:
- it’s 100% natural
- Ella Sugaring is less painful than waxing
- it doesn’t cause irritation (ingrowing hairs, inflammation of the follicle)
- the paste is applied against the direction of hair growth and removed along with the hair
- it doesn’t break or rip out hairs, since they are removed in the direction they grow
- the paste is applied at 35-40°C, so there’s no risk of burning
- it’s suitable for those with allergies and sensitive skin
- it’s perfect for mums-to-be
- it can be used on couperose skin or small varicose veins
- you can have it if you suffer from inactive psoriasis
- it’s suitable for all hair types
- no extra equipment is used during the procedure, which makes it more hygienic
- it removes dead skin cells and leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth
How to get ready for your treatment:
As with waxing, your hairs need to be the right length: the paste works best when they are about 0.5 cm long. The day before the hair removal, it’s a good idea to exfoliate. On the day of the treatment, it’s best not to use creams or lotions on your skin, since the paste can slip and then it won’t remove any hairs. You should also avoid the sun for 24 hours before the treatment.
How to look after your skin following the treatment:
As with any hair removal procedure, the skin may become irritated. Sometimes there might be some slight swelling, or some small drops of blood around the area where the hair has been removed. These effects, however, are very brief and will completely disappear. They are a natural and normal reaction by the skin to the mechanical removal of the hair. Further hair removal procedures reduce the risk of irration and the amount of pain.
Total treatment time includes: preparation and the treatment itself and short downtime period following the treatment.
The treatment time is selected individually!
All treatments / exercise sessions require reservation.
If you are unable to come to your session, please call us to cancel.
In order to ensure the highest level of comfort and service, we kindly ask that you arrive at Baltica Wellness & Spa 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This is the time the treatment is due to start. Early arrival ensures that all the formalities necessary (such as completing forms on the first visit) can be completed and you can prepare yourself calmly for your session. That way, you’ll get the most from your treatment or visit.
We also request that you set your mobile phone to silent for the duration of your treatment, in order to ensure that you benefit most from the relaxing and soothing environment at the Spa.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- moisturise with gentle creams or lotions
- use soothing preparations, such as Ella Home Care after-depilation gel
- after approx. 7 days (or earlier, if there is no irritation) you should do a gentle sugar exfoliation to prevent possible hair regrowth
- no sunbathing for 7 – 14 days from the procedure (depending on skin type)
- no exfoliation for the first week after the procedure
- avoid rubbing and scrubbing the treated area for several days following the procedure
- avoid perfumed soaps and/or deodorants
- avoid wearing tight clothes just after the procedure, since they may cause irritation or ingrowing hairs; the hairs have no space around them and the skin cannot breathe